Who We Are
IST provides tech-enabled answers to complex questions about hard to reach populations
We connect to populations using media they already ingest
We communicate with them using technology they already use
We pair their responses with relevant web data
We create robust, real-time analysis that shows the Pulse of the population
Our Mission & Values
Eternal Impact · Extreme Value · Complete Transparency
Our mission is to address some of the most urgent human security issues faced by the world’s vulnerable populations. IST’s product, Pulse, does this by helping people understand hard to reach communities by providing insight into their thinking and engaging them in two-way conversations.
We have built a diverse group of technologically and operationally savvy engineers, implementers, and scientists intrigued by opportunities to design and implement new technologies that make a positive impact.
IST at a Glance
- Founded in 2008
- Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA
- Small, veteran-owned and operated business
- Distributed workforce across 12 states and multiple countries
- Successful technology deployments in over 20 countries
- Staff includes cognitive psychologists, data scientists, engineers, and field implementers
- Diverse customer base including the Department of Defense, non-governmental agencies, and commercial clients
- 2018 Inc 5000 – Recognizing our continued growth in the last 5 years.
- 2017 Inc Best Places to Work – Acknowledging the culture to find and keep the very best employees.
- 2017 Elastic Cause Award – Recognizing organizations working to advance the human condition or help populations in need.
- 2016 Inc 5000 – One of the fastest-growing private companies with 318 percent growth over past three years.